Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Learn Lessons from renting a car in a foreign Country


When traveling to a foreign country it is almost impossible to travel in your vehicle. However, this is mainly because of the strict methods most foreign countries have to reduce insecurity. Therefore in order for people to independently travel in foreign countries they have to look for alternative measures. The most convenient way to travel is to depend on the best car rental serviced available. In addition, it best to plan the trip and make arrangements well in advance.
After an ultimate disappointing weekend getaway, there are quite a few valuable lessons I learned about driving in a foreign country that most people might not know.
For many years, I thought renting a car in a foreign country is something as quick as swiping a credit card to pay your bills. However, the last trip I made to a foreign country was a hectic one especially when I needed a car to travel the country. I realized I was eternally mistaken to think that renting a car in a foreign country is something that only takes a few minutes just by paying the rental fees to rent a car quickly. Furthermore, the mentality I had that being an Americans citizen will guarantee me special treatment, oh what a big disappointment. It was a very nasty experience to be precise and as discussed from now on is what I had to go through.
If you want to rent a vehicle in a foreign country, it is a requirement to follow certain steps. Step that was obvious it was a “first” for me.
All Americans citizen are required to have a map, passport/visa, and US driving license
Well, back at home, I did not need a road map to get around the country or to visit any town or city; I know my way around. I did not need a passport either and sometimes I can get around traffic barricades without a driving license provided I am a resident. However, driving in a foreign country was a shocker. Being an Americans citizen, having a passport and US driving license was not enough. It was a requirement that I have a detailed map of the city as well. At some point, it became very difficult for me to drive because it was not easy to follow the traffic rules.
Continue Reading: http://pammorris.hubpages.com/hub/pammorrishubpagescomhubLearn-Lessons-from-renting-a-car-in-a-foreign-Country

No comments:

Post a Comment