Monday, May 25, 2015

Today's Prayer: A Prayer for When You Feel Worried




Dear God,
My mind can hardly fathom the depth of your love for me.
So when my anxious heart feels suffocated
with the mounds of worry this life can bring,
I only know to come to you.
You who knows every hair on my head.
You who flung stars into space.
You who plans every step I take.
When my worry mounds and builds,
escalating to numbers that exceed my expectations,
You ask me to relinquish my cares to Your hand.
The hand that created the hair on my head.
The hand that created the starry night sky.
The hand that holds my future.
Would you give me the courage to trust You wholly?
Would you give me Your peace that calms all fears?
For that is when I am rejuvenated…
From pitiful worrier…
To prayer warrior.

Thank you, Jesus.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment